Wednesday, August 18

GOODBYE'S ARE TOUGH

I don't know why I have such a hard time saying good-bye to my son. He was here for one week from California and he just left a few minutes ago. Needless to say I ended up in tears once again, and he was just here in May for Nick's graduation. I always try not to cry, but... I still wish he hadn't moved so far away, even though he's loving California.
I really didn't get to spend as much time with him, and that make's it hard also. So hopefully next time he comes home we'll have more quality time together. He'll be back at Christmas time for sure, and possibly Thanksgiving for a Cross Country Alumni Reunion.
But as each visit goes by you know deep in your heart they will get further and further apart and before you know it you'll see him only once a year because everyone is just too busy. I've always given my kids their "space" and never told them what they could or couldn't do, and they have told me how much they appreciated the fact that I trusted them. So I'll continue to do that by letting Mike go even though it's tough to do, but I know he'll make it someday and that is the most important thing.
So for now I'll cry a few more tears, which is not unusual for me since I cried all the way home from Ypsi (one hour) and when he left in May I cried for at least an hour and now...damn these tears!!! But I miss him already.

4 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

Mom... you're gonna make me cry now :P

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

oh...... [sigh].... this post is so sad. it's hard not to cry every time you do. it makes me want to move home now... i wonder how my mom is feeling with both of her daughters so far away now, emily left for miami last sunday and i'm here, in california.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Manda said...

that last one was me not mike... forgot to change the name, sorry
amanda

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Deborah said...

I'm sure she feels the same as I do. You know the day will come when our children don't need their parents as much and they move on and we know we have to let go, but it's tough and for some reason it's not getting any easier!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home