Sunday, January 16

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Hey everyone, just checking in. I survived my first two weeks of work. James loved being a stay-at-home-dad and he did a great job with Dylan. He just needs to learn how to handle the baby and the house work...he spent alot of time on the couch, and gained even more weight. But I got my treadmill back from my sister so hopefully he will find his way there in the evening and start working to get back in shape. Men don't have the incentive that women do, (yikes, it's bikini weather in 6 months!!) It was so funny tonight as we laid on the couch relaxing, his comment was; how am I ever going to fit into my pants tomorrow! LOL

I passed my CPR, it came much easier this time around, the first time I took it 2 years ago was a joke. The guy fast-forwarded thru the video! and he didn't do the watch and pause and do part. We watched the whole video and then we had to demonstrate!! Yeah, right! But this time it was done correctly and I walked away knowing I could help save a life if needed some day. Now the scary part begins this week, actually working on the unit as a RN. I will have a preceptor for 6 weeks and if she and I feel I'm ready at the end of 6 weeks I'll be on my own! It will be interesting that's for sure, 12 hours and nights, wow what am I getting myself into. The 6 weeks will be tough and I'll be glad when it's over and I'm only working 2 days. Thank goodness for family when it comes to Dylan, Nick will be helping in the morning, Mandy for a short time at night and my sister whenever I need her. I have had others offer also to help until I get through my training period. The only days I'm worried about is the weeks that they have me scheduled 3 days in a row, that might get ugly!

Oh and Mike, we watched Open Water last night. Rather a boring film, but I did have the creeps when I crawled into bed and turned the lights out. I seen sharks in my sleep!

Well once again Michigan is in a deep freeze. I don't mind the snow, but the bitter cold can go away! We had a few snow flurries last night but the sun was shining pretty today. And apparently my COLTS don't like playing in the snow and cold either, they were smoked today by New England. Darn! I really wanted Tony Dungy to make it to the Super Bowl. Oh well, now who do I cheer for...hmmmm. James' RAMS didn't make it either.

James' Grandma passed away last Wednesday and today was her funeral. Bye Grandma Janke, we'll miss you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home