Tuesday, May 10

IT'S EARLY...

and Dylan is still asleep, so now it's time to post.

My kitchen is now one coat of green, of course James wants to put a big "S" on the wall. But don't worry it's not spartan green! and I told him no. But it looks awesome and hopefully today I'll finish the second coat and then stare at for a while to decide on the trim color...I have this week off, well at least until Friday night, so I thought I would get another room done. Bedroom is next...

Mandy had a big track meet on Saturday, the girls team took first place. So she earned her first set of medals (2) from track. Then Monday they ran against Clinton and won 98 to 39! The Onsted Middle School track team for the girls is undefeated so far...
She was nervous yesterday running the 1 mile relay...the boyfriend stopped his baseball practice and the whole team was watching...(oh brother)

Nick leaves in 15 days...

Mother's Day was nice, I spent it with 3 of my 4 kids, and the one far away called...

Work has been going good, I'm learning new things it seems every night. Last week I had to "babysit" one of my patients. She kept getting out of bed without our help...and she would pull out her IV everytime. The first time we had blood everywhere...after that the needle itself wouldn't come out...sheesh!! We finally put her in a geri-chair and put her in the hallway next to me... so she slept while I charted on the computer. Every once in awhile she would wake up and try to get the strap off...she would be naked before I knew it!! It was a long night...

I had another patient who came in 2 weeks ago if not longer now for a GI bleed, then she came down with pneumonia...then more bleeding and then worsening pneumonia. I don't know...hopefully she is going to be okay...her husband is dedicated to her, he's there everyday and says if she goes he's going with her...it's so touching to see long enduring love stories.

Work is stressful, it's tough to get my nails to grow anymore...I find myself gnawing on them. It's also interesting but I wonder at times if I'll ever "know" everything. It's not like working at the bank...starting today I'm going to start studying again. I need to read my nursing books everyday for an hour or at least read on one subject for a hour basically on what I have seen so far on my floor.

Well, I better get going, I have to make Mandy's lunch and Dylan will be waking soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home