Thursday, June 2

LAPAROSCOPY

I had out-patient surgery June 1st.

I have been having lower back pain since Dylan was about 2 months old. The ultra-sound earlier did not show anything so we opted for exploratory surgery which showed scar tissue, the doctor removed that, and the uterus still not back to normal non-pregnancy size. The latter I'm not sure what they do, probably just wait until it does shrink, who knows. I was still asleep, since they put me out for the procedure and I won't talk to my doctor for 2 weeks, at my follow-up appointment.

It is really weird to be put to sleep...what happened to that 1 hour of my life. I don't have a clue and I can't remember even being taken into the surgery room! All I know is that James and Dylan seen me off and when I woke they were there to greet me, well Dylan was sleeping in his stroller by then but he tried to stay awake for me.

The surgical site pain has not been bad, I just moved really slow yesterday and couldn't bend over very easily! I slept off and on...out on the deck since we had a beautiful 80 degree day.

I'm scheduled to work tonight, the doctor gave his okay but also said to base it on how I feel late in the afternoon today, since I would have to call in 2 hours before start time...but as long as I don't help move the patients I should be okay.

Mandy's last day of school is today and she goes to Cedar Point tomorrow with her classmates.

Nick, Mike and Amanda are in Santa Barbara as of yesterday...Love you guys!

TO NICK: I opened your S.H. mail. You have been accepted into the Freshman Transition Scholars Program, more info to follow at the beginning of August.

4 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mom, I had to go to the doctors today )c; i got stung by a bee and it wouldnt stop swelling. They gave me some medicine so it should be fine. We are on our way to the middle of no where tonight. Love you bye.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always something with you Nick!!

Bonnie

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy was I relieved it was just scar tissue, but darn all those set-up's! and it's the uterus in the way of a flat tummy!!
hehe
Bonnie

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Nick!! be careful will ya!
Love ya and miss you. MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home