Thursday, August 10

NEVER LOOK AWAY

Not going to say much about this because I'm still stunned at how close we came to losing two kids. All I have to say is they move fast and NEVER take your eyes off your little ones. God and Jesus thank you!

I have'nt posted in awhile except for pictures...Dylan keeps me busy as does his sister. Mandy has had a summer of sports. Between basketball practice and camp, open gym for volleyball and softball her summer is just about done before it even gets started. She doesn't start school until after Labor day but she has two basketball games at the end of this month with the next two weeks being tryouts and practices!

She's over at her best friends house right now, we spent the day there yesterday borrowing their lake. My sister and I along with Dylan and Izzy decided to get in the paddle boat and go for a ride. Before we knew it we were heading around the lake! and it's a big lake. We made it about 3/4 of the way when Mandy, Kelsey and Allison showed up on a jet ski...we begged for a tow but they just laughed at us and couldn't believe we had peddled so far. We really were serious about that tow...
Dylan was bored and fell asleep for a short time and Izzy was just...Izzy and our knees were ready to blow and we had sand on the seat (ouch) and the back started to complain because it had no cushion to lean back on and even though it was only 83 degrees we were without water (to drink) and the sweat was poring down the face and I really thought I was going to cry, but we did it and yes we are 46 and still strong!
but we really wanted that tow...

Nick was there and he met us part way on the kayak, the girls tried to flip him with the jet ski...he's yelling at them that he didn't have a life jacket. He hates deep water when he can't see the bottom! hmmm wonder where he gets that from.

We headed back home just before five, Bon and Nick stayed for dinner...it was a beautiful day.

I went to the fitness center this morning and yes my legs hurt! bad! peddling around the lake and then trying to run the next morning...ouch. But I did my three miles and worked out then ran a mile on the track besides, and yes once again the sweat was poring down the face...if this stomach doesn't go away soon, grrrr.

Well...Dylan is going to keep me busy already this morning. I have a messy diaper to change! I'll post again soon.

Have a sunny and happy day, Deb

4 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree that angels were on our side yesterday.

Don't forget we didn't have any M&M's with us either, never get lost or go on a long adventure without them! Who needs water when you have Chocolate!

And as usual dinner was great.

love,
Bon

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

Thank you, I aim to please!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

Yeah, the kids had pizza delivered but didn't ask us!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

Ahh... careful out there - deep water is freaky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home