Thursday, November 8

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE AND NICK





I turned on the evening news
Saw a old man being interviewed
Turning a hundred and two today
Asked him what's the secret to life
He looked up from his old pipe
Laughed and said "All I can say is"...

Don't blink

Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes
your wife.
Don't blink.
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink.

I was glued to my tv when it looked like he looked at me and said
"Best start putting first things first."
Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breathe God gives you for what it's worth

Don't Blink...

Everytime I hear this song I think of my two sons and wonder where the years have gone.

Mike turns 26 on November 11.

Nick turns 22 on November 16.

Don't Blink!

Happy birthday to both of you.

Love, MOM

6 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks mom, i love you so much :)

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perfect words, love that song.

Happy b-day!

love,
Bon

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing quite so grand and beautiful as a wife with so much luv it brings tears to my eyes, she does such a wonderful job with the kids...love..TMD...JLM

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

Aww :) Thanks *hug* I love you more than I can even say - miss you.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom, wasn't the whole point to getting you a flicker account so that you could post on the blog more often...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

Yea :) what Nick said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home