Friday, February 22

NO SYMPATHY

Well I guess Nick wasn't satisfied with my "illness" blog.

Work has been VERY BUSY...we are short nurses so the phone rings all the time with offers to pick up hours. I picked up last night and even before I left work they were asking me to pick up either Friday or Saturday. I didn't commit because that would be 3 in a row again and I still have a slight cough, even though my doctor said my lungs are clear.

Had to re-do my yearly because of "insufficient amount"...why of all things! Couldn't be "not enough blood to test. Oh no it has to be the pap! I was not a happy camper after that phone call, but I did schedule my mammogram for the same day and got that over with too.

My patient's the last two weeks have been wonderful...even "Bill". You have to love this guy even though he does a lot of yelling all night long and I mean all night!

I had a patient pass away on my shift...sorta expected it because I thought her coloring was off. But it's still a shock to walk into a room 45 minutes after she tells you over and over how pretty you are and just like that she was gone so quietly. The phone call to the family was the hardest...

Another patient made me nervous because he was so short of breath after having a 2 tail HD catheter put in. I was worried he was going to throw a clot...luckily he was better but not until the end of my shift and I still couldn't get him off the 4 liters of o2 when he was admitted on none! SCARY

My 94 year old patient last night was the sweetest thing...she would always say "when you have the time" most patient's say "now". We strive for fives at our hospital for a rating...we all rated her a perfect 5. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

Now onto my family...

Mandy... basketball season has ended finally! It was not the season we hoped for but I guess it's to be expected with a new coach. The girls didn't click with her. Mandy didn't see much playing time which was a BIG disappointment to her, it broke my heart to see her sit on the bench so much especially at Districts...but we all knew this coach was like this (only playing upper class-man) and she didn't change her ways when she came to Onsted. We can only keep our fingers crossed she doesn't come back! Now softball season begins in 2 weeks...will Mandy tryout?

Nick...hmmm haven't heard from him lately. But he is coming over Saturday to do his FAFSA. So I'll get caught up then. I think he's still single...but then again I could be wrong.

Mike...the Hollywood writers strike has ended!!! Hopefully he gets his job back at NBC.(PLEASE) He's been trying not to spend money (no job) and work on his project and I'm sure he's keeping his fingers crossed just like me that they call him back soon. Oh that reminds me (the call back thing) Call your MOM! :)

Dylan...so cute. He actually told me "WHATEVER" the other day. I busted up, we were arguing about something and he gets up off the couch with a "whatever" and he heads up the stairs. As he's going up I yelled "DYLAN, are you going to bed"...he goes "whatever" and kept going. He was in bed when I went upstairs and sound asleep! He's patiently waiting for me to finish so he can take his bath...

Well that's it 3 months you would think I would have more to say,which I do but Dylan's patience is wearing thin...

Until next time which I hope is just a couple of days!

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dylan's Awesome :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said...

I... man, it's hard to imagine going to work and having someone pass away on you... I don't know if I could do it.

I wish the "whatever" remark was on camera - that sounds hilarious.

As for NBC, I wouldn't hold my breath :) but that's okay. I wasn't too excited about going back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home